Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm a night owl, you're an early bird.

So what to do when this happens in a relationship? Your other half has decided it's time for bed, or maybe it's you. But, regardless, the other half is not ready. Hmph. Is this really such a bad thing? Now, personally, I hate going to bed alone. I can't sleep, I toss, I turn- unless under the influence... no scratch that. That doesn't always work either, but i digress.

The point is, can such a situation be ok? Um, YES! This is what makes relationships survive! For God's sake, are we meant to be together 24/7?!? No! We'd kill each other. In my own humble opinion (yes, I spelled that out instead of using "txtspeak"- It's a blog!) we NEED this time and the fact that 2 people have different launching pads is perfecto!

Now, let's say where this can go wrong. One partner stays up til 4 am and sleeps til 1 pm. The other goes down at 11-12 pm and wakes at 8. Well, that's too big of a gap. Geez, do you ever actually want to meet face to face? Nah, I'm talking like a 1 to 2 hour window. Each one gets 1 to 2 hours before or after bed to do "their" thing. Surf the web, write some emails, read a paper, write  friggin book. Just do it.

Bottom line, We all need our space. But just like we in relationships don't sleep or live in 2 separate places, we need to keep the distance small. Too much... well, that's a whole nother blog post.

Be Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment