Friday, July 29, 2011

Having Little Brothers- no wait.... just Brothers.

I have 3. One is older, 2 are considerably younger, but I love them all. Each one of them feed my life in some kind of way. #1 feeds my heart, we grew up together. We relied on each other through thick and thin. Our Dad raised us on his own and he had to make the money so he let us fend for ourselves periodically. He is my polar opposite, however I always appreciate his opinion for whatever reason. He is a mastermind at auto body. Frickin genius. What one might think that is a menial job, he turns into a star craft. I respect he and his craft and I am so proud of him. He can be bigoted, racist, chauvinistic sometimes. (It's the circumstances.) But he is my brother.  He is really a big softy and I love that about him. He may be saying shit, but that man will always have your back. And I love him.

#2... oh he is such a complex creature. He was born when I was in high school. I helped raise him, I even potty trained him! He's handsome, intelligent, and well... as I said, complex. He hates mainstream, he loves sneakers, he appreciates beauty.He's articulate, charming and in some ways, shy. Got a degree in polysci, trying to figure out his next path. He has athletic skills, but does not like the spotlight. As soon as he could get out of it, he went runnin. I'm amazed by his tenacity, effort and perseverance. He may be slightly confused, but I have every hope, he will get it.

#3 This little bugger is our athlete. He's a young teen who was born with prowess. Honestly, he excels at every sport he's involved in. He's not conceited. He doesn't tell the world he plays 42 sports. He just tries to be his best. But he realizes, its not all about sports. The boy's got brains too. Raised by 2 educators, he knows the importance of an education. Not even in high school yet, he's about to face the biggest challenges in his little life. But this boy has a heart as big as his smile. (Oh and his voice is the same as #2 on the phone- creepy.)

I love all my brothers, for their own traits. And they love me too. I'm kinda unique myself. I would do anything for any of them. I don't think they even realize how much I have already done or sacrificed for each of them. But, that's what makes it so rewarding to be the only sister.  Just call me KK. I'm in the comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment